LEE COUNTY LOCAL RESOURCES
- Head on over to https://www.leegov.com/dhs/resources for a list of agencies/organizations that currently provide food assistance, support for the homeless, rental & affordable housing assistance, and healthcare savings within Lee County.
- This website also has a link to a resource guide to help link the youth and their families to the community. We definitely suggest checking it out as there is information on programs and services within the area that parents and youth can access directly, with a focus on social services. The guide also provides programs that can only be accessed when a youth is in the
juvenile justice system.
UNITED WAY 211
- A free 24-hour (365 days a year) non-emergency helpline that exists to help people navigate their way through the maze of human and social service agencies in Lee, Hendry and Glades counties by providing the most adequate resources for the client’s situation.
- To speak with one of our Community Resource Specialists please dial 2-1-1 or 239-433-3900.
- English and Spanish languages are readily available.
THE CENTER FOR PROGRESS AND EXCELLENCE (CPE) – https://progressandexcellence.com
- CPE is Nationally Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) to provide Crisis Intervention (Adults, Children and Adolescents) and Outpatient Mental Health Treatment (Adults, Children and Adolescents) to Florida’s 20th Judicial Circuit (Lee, Hendry, Glades, Collier & Charlotte counties).
- The Mobile Crisis Line is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: (844) 395-4432.
- Services are at no cost.
- Individual counseling
- Assistance with benefit applications
- Liaison with law enforcement
- Direct assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Referral for medical, dental and other services
- Liaison with legal aid
CHIROPRACTIC NEEDS: Vibrant Health & Wellness – https://www.drkassandrafrancis.com
- Dr. Kassandra is AMAZING! She provides adjustments from infants
- Call her at 239-789-6959 to make your appointment today! You can also
book online using the link above.
REHABILITATION NEEDS – https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/rehabilitation
- For rehabilitation needs, check out the above link to visit the services offered by Lee Health, which includes physical therapy, occupational
therapy, & speech therapy.
More specifically, their services include (but are not limited to):
- Balance & vestibular rehabilitation
- Brain injury treatment
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Concussion management
- Driving safety evaluations
- Gait analysis
- Hearing disorders
- Lymphedema therapy
- Multiple sclerosis rehab.
- Parkinson’s disease rehab.
- Pediatric occupational therapy
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Swallowing therapy
- Voice therapy
- Wheelchair seating evaluation
REHABILITATION NEEDS – http://www.warriorsatease.org/resources-for-veterans ( Free virtual classes at – http://www.youtube.com/warriorsatease )
- Bring the power of yoga and meditation to military communities around the world through training, advocacy, programs, and partnerships. The TRANSFORM Program provides comprehensive and accurate program impact tracking and outcome evaluation. This effort is designed to continually improve programs and ensure we are meeting the needs of the population.
- The Warriors at Ease TRAIN, TEACH, TRANSFORM (T3) integrated programs were formed in response to the increased interest in using yoga as an adjunct-therapeutic activity for veterans and members of the Armed Forces with disabilities alongside the VA’s Whole Health Initiative using yoga as an adjunct therapy for depression, stress, pain, and posttraumatic stress symptom management. These integrated programs support the health, healing, and connection of veterans, service-members, and their family members by creating nationwide access to free, military-specific, evidence-based, trauma-informed, and adaptive yoga activities taught by a sustainable network of credentialed and qualified instructors.
AMAZING WELLNESS & CHIROPRACTIC – http://www.amazingwellness.com
- Patients throughout Southwest Florida reach out to Amazing Wellness and Chiropractic for their patient-centered care. Their goal is to treat your condition at its source by providing long-term whole-body wellness. Through laser, light therapy, weight loss options, nutritional assistance, and skillful chiropractic treatments, their doctors and staff help you achieve your best self. Dr. Scott Walters and Dr. Jennifer Long both focus on natural solutions to ensure your comfort and well-being through the
most researched chiropractic techniques and therapies.
- Services: chiropractic services, nutrition, and weight-loss services, and neuropathy treatment
- Pediatric and Adult chiropractic services are available.
- Located in North Naples
Sleep is vital for our overall physical and mental health, but unfortunately, 33% of Americans struggle to get a good night’s sleep. Exercise can help improve sleep efficiency and sleep duration for adults. Because of this, the Sleep.org medical board and team of experts have created a comprehensive guide that can help understand how regular exercise increases sleep quality and provide an instant boost in overall health and wellness.
You can view the Sleep.org guide here: https://www.sleep.org/how-sleep-works/exercise-affects-sleep/